Anaheim Ducks Message Board

Is Eichel a Duck Yet?

1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

2 goals in 19 games last season. He injury is more serious the most people think. The offseason is almost over and didn't even do a surgery. Let him stay in Buffalo.

Actually 2G in 21 games. Failed to mention his 16A (which results in a goal). So 18 points in 21 games playing with a jacked up neck.  Over 82 games that's 70 points. Just saying. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JustaDucksFan said:

Is it possible that Bargain Basement Bob is pulling a Lou Lamorello? Not announcing any deals already made until just before training camp? If he is, we might already "own" Eichel and not know it yet.

It could be one possibility......

T-Minus 54 Days till Anaheim Ducks are UNLEASHED.

DuckPride 4ever
MooseDuck

9 hours ago, JustaDucksFan said:

Is it possible that Bargain Basement Bob is pulling a Lou Lamorello? Not announcing any deals already made until just before training camp? If he is, we might already "own" Eichel and not know it yet.

Bungling Bob is not that smart....Look up delusional in the dictionary and you'll find Bobs picture

• Haha 2

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">😒</p>&mdash; Jack Eichel (@jackeichel) <a href="https://twitter.com/jackeichel/status/1428423786085429248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I´m starting to think that there won´t be a trade anytime soon. The longer this goes on the more value he loses. Especially for contenders (Vegas). 

The best way to still get value for him is to have him play and prove that he´s worth it. But then of course the surgery comes into play again. 

Waiting on Eichel or not, this has easily been the most frustrating offseason for me as a fan. It's one thing to hope Buffalo says yes to our garbage and agrees to a blockbuster. This is still the sorriest team in the NHL going on 4 seasons now. You're allowed to attempt to improve the team, either for the rapidly approaching season, or the near future while you irresponsibly wait on something that's out of your control to materialize. The indifference to it all is what gets me. I appreciated how passive aggressive Getzlaf's statement from when he re-signed was at the time. Now I wish he was just flat-out inflammatory. Guy deserves better than to spend the twilight of his hall of fame career reliving the same nightmare every year.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Waiting on Eichel or not, this has easily been the most frustrating offseason for me as a fan. It's one thing to hope Buffalo says yes to our garbage and agrees to a blockbuster. This is still the sorriest team in the NHL going on 4 seasons now. You're allowed to attempt to improve the team, either for the rapidly approaching season, or the near future while you irresponsibly wait on something that's out of your control to materialize. The indifference to it all is what gets me. I appreciated how passive aggressive Getzlaf's statement from when he re-signed was at the time. Now I wish he was just flat-out inflammatory. Guy deserves better than to spend the twilight of his hall of fame career reliving the same nightmare every year.  

Part of me wishes Getzy had thrown BM under the bus but he's not in a position to do that. But you're right. I wish the owners had flat out fired BM or at least called him out for doing nothing. 
All we can hope for right now is that our young guys have taken huge steps and that - should the Eichel ship have sailed - BM makes a move for Dvorak, Drouin and I'm still dreaming of Laine.
Should the (injured) Eichel ship sail to Anaheim I hope it's indeed for a pile of garbage and that BM doesn't offer up the future. It's a different story if Eiche is healthy but that seems unlikely.

11 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

I am still holding out hope for a series of moves before the season starts, but I could not agree more with the frustration so far this season. $21M in expansion fees from Seattle. $14M in cap space (not counting Kesler's LTIR). A boatload of prospects. Four highly desirable pending UFAs. And so far, nothing. As of today, the Ducks have given me zero reason to be excited to watch any games this season. A second-to-worst place finish, and their only moves this offseason have been to re-sign Getzlaf, replace the assistant coaches, let Danton Heinen walk away without a qualifying offer, and throw retirement parties for a back-up goalie and 13th forward.

On the bright side, I am looking forward to watching Getzlaf in the playoffs again this season, one way or another. His $3M cap hit, pro-rated with 1/2 retained, means that virtually any team in the league will be able to afford him at the trade deadline. He's probably worth a 1st round pick too.

• Like 1

So, the guy had 5 months off and didn't even bother to have a surgery to fix his neck. And whoever obtains Eichel, have to place him on IR for 3 or 4 months until he recovers. And even when he's ready to go, is he going to be the same player? As much as I am skeptical about BM, I have to give him a credit for not going after this player.

Edited by FanSince1993

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I am still holding out hope for a series of moves before the season starts, but I could not agree more with the frustration so far this season. $21M in expansion fees from Seattle. $14M in cap space (not counting Kesler's LTIR). A boatload of prospects. Four highly desirable pending UFAs. And so far, nothing. As of today, the Ducks have given me zero reason to be excited to watch any games this season. A second-to-worst place finish, and their only moves this offseason have been to re-sign Getzlaf, replace the assistant coaches, let Danton Heinen walk away without a qualifying offer, and throw retirement parties for a back-up goalie and 13th forward.

On the bright side, I am looking forward to watching Getzlaf in the playoffs again this season, one way or another. His $3M cap hit, pro-rated with 1/2 retained, means that virtually any team in the league will be able to afford him at the trade deadline. He's probably worth a 1st round pick too.

When I look at the roster my 1st thought is why do they stink so much? The Ducks do have good players and should not be playing like a bunch of old ladies. Something just isn't right here and I'm not really convinced any trades or new additions will resolve that. I'm on the "fire Bob" bandwagon not merely for his lack of action but mostly because I think he's the problem with the culture. At this point, walking away from Eichel would be a good move. The whole situation is just fishy. I'm just indifferent to this new season as with all seasons since BM brought Carlyle back. That and bringing in Eakins shows me he has no plans or vision for this team. 

Getz also has a NMC in his contract so he'll get to pick where he wants to go for the playoffs if he decides to. A 1st round pick is possible but only if he's producing and doesn't have any injuries before the deadline.

1 minute ago, FanSince1993 said:

So, the guy had 5 months off and didn't even bother to have a surgery to fix his neck. And whoever obtains Eichel, have to place him on IR for 3 or 4 months until he recovers. And even when he's ready to go, is it going to be the same player? As much as I am skeptical about BM, I have to give him a credit for not going after this player,

If he gets the surgery he wants - that he and his doctor's deem best for his health and his career - his contract is void. 

If he gets the surgery the team wants he will have a much longer recovery and a much greater chance of decreased ROM in his neck.  That surgery is always "the last resort". 

Those are just the facts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

So, the guy had 5 months off and didn't even bother to have a surgery to fix his neck. And whoever obtains Eichel, have to place him on IR for 3 or 4 months until he recovers. And even when he's ready to go, is he going to be the same player? As much as I am skeptical about BM, I have to give him a credit for not going after this player.

The only player worse than Eichel is Fowler.

In seriousness, while there's reason to be wary, it's hard to blame Eichel for this.  It's HIS spine.  The doctors that he saw and trusts recommended a specific type of surgery that Buffalo won't agree to.  While that surgery does carry significant uncertainty for an NHL player, it's not exactly pseudo-medicine or experimental. And the fact remains, it's his body.  And the spine is a pretty important part of it.  So I don't blame him for holding out to get the surgery he thinks is right based on what doctors have told him.  But if he does it, he doesn't get paid, which is a huge risk.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Gorbachav55 said:

The only player worse than Eichel is Fowler.

In seriousness, while there's reason to be wary, it's hard to blame Eichel for this.  It's HIS spine.  The doctors that he saw and trusts recommended a specific type of surgery that Buffalo won't agree to.  While that surgery does carry significant uncertainty for an NHL player, it's not exactly pseudo-medicine or experimental. And the fact remains, it's his body.  And the spine is a pretty important part of it.  So I don't blame him for holding out to get the surgery he thinks is right based on what doctors have told him.  But if he does it, he doesn't get paid, which is a huge risk.

Which is why our Ducks should move on from the Drama...PERIOD.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

The surgery Eichel wants has a much quicker  recovery time. It is nowhere near the 3-4 month range . If he had the surgery when he wanted he would have been cleared before training camp this season. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Yeah, I don't think that Buffalo is going to trade Eichel on the cheap to the Ducks or anyone. They'll get a good return but their fan base will likely be disappointed with it. As far as his injury and surgery options, I do not know who will blink first between him or the Sabres and a trade isn't happening until that gets figured out. It's already at the point that he won't be ready for the start of the regular season.

It really is surprising that Rakell, Lindholm, Manson and especially Henrique are all still on this team. I thought that Henrique would have been traded by now. The Ducks maybe the only team who can tank better by not making roster changes lol. It's just maddening not knowing what Murray's bleeping plan is while Rome burns here.

15 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yeah, I don't think that Buffalo is going to trade Eichel on the cheap to the Ducks or anyone. They'll get a good return but their fan base will likely be disappointed with it. As far as his injury and surgery options, I do not know who will blink first between him or the Sabres and a trade isn't happening until that gets figured out. It's already at the point that he won't be ready for the start of the regular season.

It really is surprising that Rakell, Lindholm, Manson and especially Henrique are all still on this team. I thought that Henrique would have been traded by now. The Ducks maybe the only team who can tank better by not making roster changes lol. It's just maddening not knowing what Murray's bleeping plan is while Rome burns here.

His plan is just to get a buttload of marshmallows.  

What irks me is both Bonino and Cogs were available and they both went to San Jose. 

It really is surprising that Rakell, Lindholm, Manson and especially Henrique are all still on this team. I thought that Henrique would have been traded by now 

I'm also surprised Henrique is still on the team as it was clear Eakin wanted him gone. But I'm not nearly as ready to give up on Rakell or Lindholm as you seem to be at this point .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadowduck said:

What irks me is both Bonino and Cogs were available and they both went to San Jose. 

I'm also surprised Henrique is still on the team as it was clear Eakin wanted him gone. But I'm not nearly as ready to give up on Rakell or Lindholm as you seem to be at this point .

it wasn't Eakins that wanted him gone.

14 hours ago, Gorbachav55 said:

His plan is just to get a buttload of marshmallows.  

Well he does have a striking resemblance to a marshmallow.

9 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

It’s not giving up on them due to them being bad players, it’s giving up on the roster and actually moving on from it. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if those guys will give up on the Ducks and want to play somewhere else.

Only Thing our Ducks have done is resigned their RFA'S and Getzlaf and change up coaches at San Diego,Assistant Coaches and of course add another Ducks Assistant GM. I suspect they are having a wait and see apporach with Jack. As I said This team HAS TO MOVE ON from the Drama.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

If Eichel has the surgery he wants, recovery time is 6 weeks. 

Lindholm should be resigned if in the $7M range. He's our best defenseman and his skill set ages well. If the team flounders (which seems inevitable but one never knows), Rakell and Manson should be traded at the deadline. Their value right now is not nearly as good as it "could" be if they rebound this season. 

41 minutes ago, dukitup said:

If Eichel has the surgery he wants, recovery time is 6 weeks. 

Lindholm should be resigned if in the $7M range. He's our best defenseman and his skill set ages well. If the team flounders (which seems inevitable but one never knows), Rakell and Manson should be traded at the deadline. Their value right now is not nearly as good as it "could" be if they rebound this season. 

The thing is about Eicheal and the surgery is will he be the same Jack or Different?. Thats I think is what Ducks and Ducks Fans have concerns about including me.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Well he does have a striking resemblance to a marshmallow.

It’s not giving up on them due to them being bad players, it’s giving up on the roster and actually moving on from it. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if those guys will give up on the Ducks and want to play somewhere else.

I wouldn't be surprised if they want to play somewhere else given (a) how little GMBM has done to improve the team the past two seasons, and (b) how badly GMBM and Eakins have misjudged the talent of the 21- to 24-year-old players. Rakell and Lindholm (and Gibson) are literally wasting the best years of their careers if GMBM doesn't figure out a way to upgrade the talent immediately. Rakell and Lindholm are also very good friends (Lindholm was apparently a groomsman in Rakell's wedding in couple of weeks ago) and you can't help but wonder if trading Rakell would be the final domino that makes Lindholm want to leave too. Maybe a Rakell trade is on hold until GMBM determines whether Lindholm can be re-signed.

10 hours ago, Fisix said:

it wasn't Eakins that wanted him gone.

No, Eakins initially tried to turn him into a checker and penalty killer, which is what submarined Rico's first month of the season and led to the benching, scratches, and waivers.